7 Steps to a Better Night’s Sleep
Sleep—that mysterious, life-giving state that involves nearly a third of one’s life— is one of the most important factors in a person’s health and well-being, yet millions of people either do not get enough sleep or have a sleep disorder. According to the National Sleep Foundation, 40 million Americans suffer from more than 70 different sleep disorders and 60 percent of adults report having sleep problems a few nights a week or more. Forty percent of adults also report problems with daytime sleepiness severe enough to interfere with their daily activities at least a few days each month.
While it is important to talk to your health care professional about any serious concerns you might have with your sleep deprivation or disorder, there are a number of things people can do to help get the good night’s rest they need:
- Keep a regular bedtime and waking time schedule
- Don’t drink caffeinated beverages or eat foods with caffeine four to six hours before bed, and minimize daytime intake of caffeine
- Don’t smoke, especially near bedtime or if you awake in the night
- Avoid alcohol and heavy meals before sleep
- Get regular exercise, but not right before bedtime
- Minimize noise and light, as well as excessive hot and cold temperatures where you sleep
- Attempt to go to bed earlier every night to ensure that you’re getting enough sleep
Our best-of-class massage chairs offer the perfect evening wind-down that can help lead to a better night’s sleep. In fact, the night settings built into your DreamWave® massage chair remote are specifically designed to provide just the right level of relaxation to help with a good pre-sleep routine.
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know how your Inada massage chair is helping you get the good night’s sleep you need.